View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Life for the Server: Ideas Compilation 

Post Re: Life for the Server: Ideas Compilation
Second server and merge later is the best option. A good month is around October. So you could start promotion from now. So old and new players could play together but old players won't lose their gear on old server and when merge come they will got more items.

mess with the best die like the rest

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:44 am

Um guys, reposts of "requests" that aren't pertinent to the topic are not really appreciated. The point of this is to do something other than cry out for Balls to "Save the Day" with fixes, servers, etc.

Kind of some other thoughts I have regarding these events. I've thought about crowd-funded pot, like everyone who wants to participate puts in 500m, something versus just funded by the GMs, or even just funded out of my pocket. I am not sure of how feasible the 3rd option simply because I would run out of adena pretty quick. Idk what option would work best, simply because the economy on the server doesn't move very quick imo. In part due to solo farming feeling terribly inefficient, as well as having making groups painful at times. Most would probably only participate if the rewards warranted the "effort/time" and that is subjective as to what would be "worth it".

To test some of these out I will probably run them with my clan/global to see if there is interest/participation. The population is pretty laconic, so we will see!

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:58 am

sateriok wrote:
Um guys, reposts of "requests" that aren't pertinent to the topic are not really appreciated. The point of this is to do something other than cry out for Balls to "Save the Day" with fixes, servers, etc.

Kind of some other thoughts I have regarding these events. I've thought about crowd-funded pot, like everyone who wants to participate puts in 500m, something versus just funded by the GMs, or even just funded out of my pocket. I am not sure of how feasible the 3rd option simply because I would run out of adena pretty quick. Idk what option would work best, simply because the economy on the server doesn't move very quick imo. In part due to solo farming feeling terribly inefficient, as well as having making groups painful at times. Most would probably only participate if the rewards warranted the "effort/time" and that is subjective as to what would be "worth it".

To test some of these out I will probably run them with my clan/global to see if there is interest/participation. The population is pretty laconic, so we will see!

There is no such thing as "you cannot post this on my topic / this topic" :)

Everybody is free to post whatever he wants as long as it's in the correct forum section and does not contain a direct insult or what so ever flame against somebody.

Also, as a suggestion you could keep 1 subject contained in a single topic and not open others just to "refresh" the discussion or sum up everything that it has been discussed. This thing will and it is not helpful at all. Which is why, all the other topics that you have opened are closed since they are about the same thing as this one.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:28 am

sateriok wrote:

And you think that those will work? Who is going to spend hours for 2-3 bills? We need something fro. Gm. For example too hard quests. With place that ppl will fight for those items. The daily quest now on fow give some low rewards. What if this type of quest with somethingore difficult and better reward could bring more ppl to ine place to fight for it., so by bringing ppl to ine place there is a chance to.fight for those mobs cause they want to finish fast. Those types help server and not those stupid hide and seek and etc. Server want something permanent and not 2-3 days events.

mess with the best die like the rest

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:41 am

+1 to Agree, hide and seek, find the mob, riddles... All useless content...

If your goal is to bring life to the server. Balance, (something UNDENIABLY lost over the 7 year period the server has been open) solid & active PvP and an active + competitive community do.

But really it's hard to keep faith, Balls hasn't as much as acknowledged these posts in almost 2 weeks and as he's the only one which can enforce such changes. I've seen many threads during the year I've been here which are a like to this one, they just slowly die out because no action is taken and people just move on... Really we can suggest stuff for days but if Balls just doesn't want to deal with it or can't anymore for what ever reason then it's a total waste of everyone's time.

So again, a polite request for Balls; What are your thoughts? What is feasible? If you are to take action what are the timescales?

Maybe even a poll, run it for 1 week with announcements in game and see what people would like? www.strawpoll.com

Dictate what your intentions are? The server is practically the same as when I joined it excluding a few sub certs and visual items, we've no idea what/if you're working on something or when/if it'll ever be released.

I understand you're busy and I know you reply almost daily to messages on fb etc. but please acknowledge this thread, talking amongst each other just feels entirely redundant.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:40 am

Forsaken, I by no means said that. I merely stated my dislike at the behavior, and then constructively asked for suggestions. You guys are right about the big changes necessary. Asking for these changes over and over doesn't seem to have had an effect based on past evidence, so I was trying to come up with feasible changes on a community level. So, good luck! I wish you all well. I'm out. :)

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:41 pm

You guys should be aware by now that, there a new things on the list and ready to go live on the server, only that we lack the time to implement it.

Also, you guys should know that real life matters are and will always be more important than a game!

If you guys can provide a solution to Balls matters I'm 100% sure that he'd be more than happy to leave them be and take over the server, but you can't right?

Managing a gaming community vs managing a whole business that you invest a good part of your life in it is not much of a fight isn't it? Add to this a new family member that clearly requires more time and thought than a damn L2 server will lead to what?

Yes you guessed it, 0 time for other things.

Having a L2 community is not much of profitable thing you know... All the money that come from the donators are spent straight forward on the server rental and maintenance, on the development team and so on... Sometimes the donations are so bad, that the admin must pay for this shit from his own pocket (either this or close the server), and for what? Ah yes for keeping a decent server with good features and a low number of issues FREE TO PLAY for you guys.

But yet again guys, if you are not able to think this over and just complain that Balls or none of the staff team gives a "duck" about your ideas, then (I know it's not nice to say this but) you are always free to leave the server you know? Nobody is forcing anybody to stay here, since you so consider that the server is "dead"...

P.S. Drop already the idea with 2nd server because this will never happen! There is no such thing as copy-paste a server and change the rates and TA-DA new server!

A new server will only bring new costs, new machine to host it, new development stuff to do, new GM's to hire, new time to invest and so on! And the best example that I can give you here is the L2 Romanian community server that is well known by most of us which opens a new H5 server every 3-4 months with "fresh start" stuff every single time, because every time it fails.

Cheers!

Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:26 pm

Much better, thanks for verification in regards to the second server.

I don't intend pester, it's just nice to have stuff answered and a better understanding of timescales, never have been a fan of the "I'm busy" response but obviously you have to respect it.

As a player a lot of the content has become stale, the forum is the place to voice it. People are only trying generate ideas to improve the server, but you've said it, people that can do it are too busy and will be for the foreseeable future, which is fine!

In regards to family > L2 server, that's a given but perhaps set dates to work to for certain updates so people know when they're coming out?

Prior to the update if someone is busy with job/family/health then nobody is gonna be mad if you say you've got to delay it for a few months. As opposed to just leaving us totally in the dark with the updates.

Approx 6 months ago is the last I heard of updates, many of which sounded great but nothing implemented as of yet.

Sincerely I do like the server. That's why I have always found myself coming back haha.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:20 pm

Hello all for some months I just come here every weeks to read the forum and I just log in my characters and walk around in giran for few minutes... and after I log off and I rename system folder and system textures to play on another server... h5 mile rate also and 2000 players online + at least in the dead hours... we don't need big things guys we don't care about big jedi weapons and glamour things to farm... we care about l2 and no custom no nerfed classes why don't make players farm sets and mats and craft again. Why we have a map reduced to 3 places? Why the server lost interest? The map is huge the quest numbers also just make server retail like and keep this rates. If necessary reduce max enchant to +12 and wipe the server at least new players will come ! I don't care about if I donated in the past and if I have a full skills ST I care about game and community!

Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:10 am

Drop the idea with server wipe!

This will not happen!
A server wipe will lead to server total destruction.

I've said it in the previous post and will say it again...
Wiping a server to have a "fresh" new start is just a fairy tail. There is no such thing as salvation with wipe, and salvation is not what we need, we need only time which nobody can provide.

So drop this idea once and for all.

Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next