View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Life for the Server: Ideas Compilation 

Post Re: Life for the Server: Ideas Compilation
Key point is balls doesnt have time right as i can see, and they wont wipe, so there's nothing the community can do, talking here is a waste of time currently, so just wait and see what happens.

Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:28 am

kyoukan wrote:
Why we have a map reduced to 3 places?

This and incentive to stop zerging have been my #1 and #2 issues with EQ for years. I personally went out to farm other areas and look for a change in scenery, and farming the areas I went to has been my solitary Netflix location, and I make more than enough money, but complaints that I always see (and have experienced) are why do people only exist in VoL, FoW, and HZ? There are so many zones and yet we're funneled down to 3 zones, 24/7, with no relief of a change of scenery unless we join events. I know Balls was working on dynamic zone changes when life hit him in the face, but I feel that even with dynamic zone changes, we'd still be getting funneled.

Incentive to stop zerging was another thing that I wish would happen. I know dozens of players that quit because in a 2v2/3v3/4v4 skirmish, one side always (and I mean ALWAYS) calls in at least one party from their clan/alliance just for the sake of winning. I never saw this on retail Lineage 2. Whenever I ran into a skirmish on retail, it was either for a raid boss (when they weren't instanced) or a farming spot, and it was basically a 2 out of 3 fight. If I lost a fight and came back and lost again, I just went elsewhere. Here, if someone loses a fight, they bring more and more and more numbers until they can say they "won" and made their opponent log out and then complain there's no one left to fight in open world or at sieges. Archeage is running into that problem, where people aren't in it for PVP, but they want to win PVP and content. As a result, once it looks like a fight is underway, one side calls in massive reinforcements, then the other side calls in massive reinforcements, so it's a zerg vs zerg and eventually no one wants to leave town but they don't log off, so the PVP just turns into a keyboard war and insults and mud are flung at each other until no one wants to log in unless they have 10+ more people than their enemies.

There needs to be some way to create incentive for people to stop this recruiting of everyone and their mother and create multi-sided PVP. When I was playing actively, it was always one max sized alliance vs another max sized alliance, and the 4 small guilds that weren't allied with anyone were caught in the crossfire and couldn't even compete in fights because zerg A and zerg B see clan C, think that clan C is helping the opposing zerg, and now 6+ clans are going to pummel the smaller clan until they leave server. That ruins quality of life for players, ruins PVP, and causes the conundrum everyone talks about now: boredom.

Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:41 am

Forsaken wrote:
Drop the idea with server wipe!

This will not happen!
A server wipe will lead to server total destruction.

I've said it in the previous post and will say it again...
Wiping a server to have a "fresh" new start is just a fairy tail. There is no such thing as salvation with wipe, and salvation is not what we need, we need only time which nobody can provide.

So drop this idea once and for all.

If you don't want a wipe, there has to be a way for new players to legitimately get their character up to a good level without spending 6 months of 10 hrs a day. The problem is, there are about 5 or 6 people who have 10,000b max everything and pvp each other then cry nobody wants to pvp. When I see 1 player taking on 4, there's an issue. Many have left due to lack of balance in this area, also the pricing of things. Freya capes for 300b get real. Only a handful of players can afford that. 100b for a weapon, 3-4b for a gcm. You have to remember this is labeled a "PvP server" but everything says it's a farm server. The most successful PvP servers over the years are ones you can quickly get your character up to a lvl that you can PvP with. Also this baloney with Kamaels, you PvP someone, they come right back with a Kamael because they're OP as fack. I watch new players go "what can I buy with 10b" then they look and can buy a couple scrolls. Unless you have a bot, it'll take forever to max out. I haven't logged in really for almost a month, basically come on, farm farm farm farm, see same 5 people shouting for PvP (OP as fack) then log out.

Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:53 pm

You guys keep saying that we can't maintain new players when we can't even maintain old players. While you guys talk about newbies, think about how many old players have left and never came back.

About people who complain about farming, everyone and their mother has +30 skills now. Compared to few years ago, it is so much faster to get geared now and max your skills now. Old players have put in shitload of time to get the items and skill enchants, why should it be too easy for newbies? It is very hard to get geared in other big servers as well, but they maintain newbies and old players, so we don't have any issue with farming in L2Equanimity.

Over the years, there has been too many nerfs and weird rule changes in tw/siege. Ever since the mage/sh/HK cancel and augment was nerfed, the PVP seems to last forever.

It seems like a lot of people cry to balls about the things they don't like, and balls changed a lot for them (after a serious consideration), and it seems like the game got more broken. Balls should just tell criers to stfu and play the way it is.

If you think some skills are too op, get better strategy or make that same class.

Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:10 pm

indica wrote:
You guys keep saying that we can't maintain new players when we can't even maintain old players. While you guys talk about newbies, think about how many old players have left and never came back.

About people who complain about farming, everyone and their mother has +30 skills now. Compared to few years ago, it is so much faster to get geared now and max your skills now. Old players have put in shitload of time to get the items and skill enchants, why should it be too easy for newbies? It is very hard to get geared in other big servers as well, but they maintain newbies and old players, so we don't have any issue with farming in L2Equanimity.

Over the years, there has been too many nerfs and weird rule changes in tw/siege. Ever since the mage/sh/HK cancel and augment was nerfed, the PVP seems to last forever.

It seems like a lot of people cry to balls about the things they don't like, and balls changed a lot for them (after a serious consideration), and it seems like the game got more broken. Balls should just tell criers to stfu and play the way it is.

If you think some skills are too op, get better strategy or make that same class.

Imo it should be pretty easy to get full gear and skills +++ (not super easy but easy) and then pvp where the fun is. But as you say people cry everytime they die and blame something is op and want nerf, sadly i think this server is almost nerfed to death because of all cryers have there stupid will got through. It's a good server but way way to much nerfs, people are to lazy to change strategy or change tactics and just cry to balls and get there will though. Much as a little kid who lost their candy. I got alot of complains but i dont i change tactics and trying to improve.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:59 am

If the will is to make old players return to server at least remove all the nerfed skills and jewels, sieges olys. Make all as retail and players return for sure!

Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:19 am

kyoukan wrote:
If the will is to make old players return to server at least remove all the nerfed skills and jewels, sieges olys. Make all as retail and players return for sure!

you cant let everything on retail. there would be even more unbalance as there is already

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:22 pm

Kamira wrote:
kyoukan wrote:

you cant let everything on retail. there would be even more unbalance as there is already

Nerf everything to death is your melody for balance? endless pvp when multiple healers, heal chars op when overall dmg is nerfed oly aint balanced at all. I dont know why moore people aint playing elfs and mage classes.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:39 am

thats another point. but dont just tell "make everything retail" if you do not have any clue how it works on retail. also you forget that its a L2J server. the balance there is hard to make. Also to nerf enchant boosts or def dont really fix anything.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:33 am

indica wrote:

The "Old" players ran bots, can't tell ya how many times even a year ago you would catch a big clan bot running around. There was a point when I was catching 1 a week if not more. Once the banning began of bots, all the big clans seem to slowly disappear. Why do you run a bot? Because the average player wants to login, PvP for a couple hours and logout. Now spend 6 months trying to enchant shit. The most successful servers I GM'd (over 1000) you could max out your character (before skill enchanting) in a weekend. Run around and PvP. People played Retail to slowly build, farm etc. They played free servers for PvP. And that has to be the most pathetic attitude I've ever saw "you think some skills are OP, make that class" yaaaa that's how you end up with a server full of Kamaels. (Sound familiar). Initially when L2EQ opened, all there was, was Dominators running around.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next