View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:09 pm



Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 WTB Elegia Heavy Set+20 w/ shield 
Author Message
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:17 pm
Posts: 3966
Location: Frozen Waterfalls
Post Re: WTB Elegia Heavy Set+20 w/ shield
Another thing is if there is set prices for those types of things, that means lots of items lose value like blessed and enchants in general

That means everyday tasks like events, raids, newbie bonuses and more are worth less and would lose purpose, it would have to be adjusted, it would cause a chain reaction.

Not to mention it would be simplifying and be limiting a important game mechanic

Our server is designed around enchanting the way it is now.

_________________
ImageImageImageImage


Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:43 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:51 am
Posts: 232
Post Re: WTB Elegia Heavy Set+20 w/ shield
K balls I understand your point of view as like I understand all other point of views.
I'm pointing out a problem a big problem in my eyes but I'm guessing I'm alone in this unfortunately.

To the person who is saying I'm calling ppl delusional. Tell me where I said this?
And to Dub calling ppl names ain't gonna strengthen your case. After the moron I skipped the post cause how mature is that.
You never see me farm, of course you don't see me farm. As stated before in my posts the one you obvious didn't read...
I have everything I need. So there is no need for me to farm for anything. I'm the most negative person here? Because I express my opinion? The way I see it calling ppl out on it? Let me refresh your mind on castle sieges. It seems you are having a massive blackout since you are blaming me for the change. Who was the big clan who felt the need t get into every siege possible? Right it was noop so don't say that's my fault lol. Who was the clan whohided flags in the ocean on tw? Right noop again. So thanx to noop you got the changes. I didn't had to do anything with it. So st your facts straight before you acuse some1.


Anyway it is obvious everything is ok and there is no change needed. It is perfectly fine that prices go crazy. It's logical to do nothing about it cause that's economics.
I never seen farm zones so empty as they are now. But it is perfectly fine. All is perfectly fine. Forget my posts cause I'm delusional and a negative person.

I'm waiting for the day weapons go for 350b. Cause that is economics.


Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:57 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:32 pm
Posts: 380
Post Re: WTB Elegia Heavy Set+20 w/ shield
Thor wrote:
And to Dub calling ppl names ain't gonna strengthen your case. After the moron I skipped the post cause how mature is that.


Calling someone a moron in a hypothetical case isn't directly calling someone a moron unless the decisions they made were all wrong. Then it's not me calling names, it's me telling the truth. So try reading it again but without taking something that was meant as a learning tool for those that don't get economics, and not taking it like a personal insult.


Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:19 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:51 am
Posts: 232
Post Re: WTB Elegia Heavy Set+20 w/ shield
I get economics. I know that when a country (people in the server in this case) fucks up it needs to be saved by the central bank (balls in this case)
No matter what the people think is good for them, they fucked it up to begin with. So changes need to be forced on them , so things will be better in the future. This bublle will blow up and then it's too late for a change. But hey what do I know....


Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:10 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:32 pm
Posts: 380
Post Re: WTB Elegia Heavy Set+20 w/ shield
The problem is you have to fix the people, not the situation they're put in. Changing the economic value of the items to "accommodate" these scalpers would help alleviate the overpricing problem, but it would give players no reason to play. There is honestly only one way to fix it: make enchanting easier in a non-conventional way. On other private servers that are mid to low rate, they have a different approach to enchanting. While you CAN enchant gear the normal way, there's a way to guarantee enchants with certain items to a certain limit (their max was...16?).

Say you get a Dynasty weapon. You need to farm certain mobs for a currency, and once you have enough of said currency, you can enchant up to +6. The higher the currency you have farmed, the lower your odds of it dropping later on.
Then you have to farm a different zone's mobs and collect a certain tradeable item. Then you can enchant up to +12.
Then you have to kill specific raid bosses to bump it from +12 to +16.
From there, you turn in a hefty amount of currencies to upgrade the Dynasty to Vesper.
From there, you have to put in TWO different currencies, one from doing events and one from farming a party zone to get that weapon to +6.
Then you have to turn in a certain currency you can either donate for or do achievements for to get to +12.
Then you have to participate in an epic raid boss fight and get a certain number of PVP kills in a given timeframe to get a certain amount of currency to get to +16.

This system ensured that every custom zone had people in it, and it also ensured literally every single raid boss was dead and on a timer. But it also got rid of the RNG of enchanting. So you could either farm and roll the dice, or spend a large amount of time on the server doing things and utilizing the features the server brought to the players in order to regrade a safer way. So time = money or money = money. The servers I recall this being on were on average twice the rates as EQ is, but all the item prices were exactly the same. Because items were flooding the market and forcing players to drop their prices.

Obviously this would be for low > medium > high S84 and not just Dynasty > Vesper.


Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:28 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:51 am
Posts: 232
Post Re: WTB Elegia Heavy Set+20 w/ shield
Sounds good dubj but it won't be implemented.
In my eyes you gotta force a change in the server economics. Or you wait like the frog in the pan and it die. Mine is just an idea to tackle these retarded prices. All I hear it ain't hard to farm blablabla. That's not the point. The point is after all that farming on a PVP SERVER you can't buy a set fast to make PvP. Or a weapon or freaking whatever..it is impossible for old players to buy a set within reasonable time, never mind the newbies who got 0 resources to start with


Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:33 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:55 pm
Posts: 33
Post Re: WTB Elegia Heavy Set+20 w/ shield
Thor wrote:
Sounds good dubj but it won't be implemented.
In my eyes you gotta force a change in the server economics. Or you wait like the frog in the pan and it die. Mine is just an idea to tackle these retarded prices. All I hear it ain't hard to farm blablabla. That's not the point. The point is after all that farming on a PVP SERVER you can't buy a set fast to make PvP. Or a weapon or freaking whatever..it is impossible for old players to buy a set within reasonable time, never mind the newbies who got 0 resources to start with


You are so stubborn about this current item prices. I'll give you an example. If admin makes farm so easy, the price will go up even more. People will raise their prices once farming becomes easier. And if it sells, they will raise the price even more. Again, you have to understand people are selling at this prices because there are people buying at this prices. I won't respond to why we shouldn't have +20 items in GM Shops because it's just a stupid idea.

Which old players are having issues buying items? Of course you(Thor) are having issue because you have mentioned that you never farm. How can you say that you can't buy any items if you have never tried farming these days? I see reasonable amount of newbies progressing their armors and skill levels all the time.

We do have issue with population, but do you really think old players are leaving because of the prices? If you think people are leaving because of prices right now, you are really delusional.

Try farming for few days and see how much you make with your clan. TAO is always farming rbs, you should try farming with your clan.

Khagneur wrote:
and the day everyone can buy a +20 gear in the shop, the difference will be the +30 enchant skills.
And then people will complain to have GCM in the shop for new players.

And in 10h it will be possible to have a maxed out character.

I think the server is awesome the way it is right now. This is an MMORPG at the end of the day, even if we are in a custom server.
If you dont like grinding/farming and you want to directly buy everything, wire 1.000$ to Balls and you're good to go.


+++ on this post


Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:33 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:51 am
Posts: 232
Post Re: WTB Elegia Heavy Set+20 w/ shield
indica wrote:
Thor wrote:
Sounds good dubj but it won't be implemented.
In my eyes you gotta force a change in the server economics. Or you wait like the frog in the pan and it die. Mine is just an idea to tackle these retarded prices. All I hear it ain't hard to farm blablabla. That's not the point. The point is after all that farming on a PVP SERVER you can't buy a set fast to make PvP. Or a weapon or freaking whatever..it is impossible for old players to buy a set within reasonable time, never mind the newbies who got 0 resources to start with


You are so stubborn about this current item prices. I'll give you an example. If admin makes farm so easy, the price will go up even more. People will raise their prices once farming becomes easier. And if it sells, they will raise the price even more. Again, you have to understand people are selling at this prices because there are people buying at this prices. I won't respond to why we shouldn't have +20 items in GM Shops because it's just a stupid idea.

Which old players are having issues buying items? Of course you(Thor) are having issue because you have mentioned that you never farm. How can you say that you can't buy any items if you have never tried farming these days? I see reasonable amount of newbies progressing their armors and skill levels all the time.

We do have issue with population, but do you really think old players are leaving because of the prices? If you think people are leaving because of prices right now, you are really delusional.

Try farming for few days and see how much you make with your clan. TAO is always farming rbs, you should try farming with your clan.

Khagneur wrote:
and the day everyone can buy a +20 gear in the shop, the difference will be the +30 enchant skills.
And then people will complain to have GCM in the shop for new players.

And in 10h it will be possible to have a maxed out character.

I think the server is awesome the way it is right now. This is an MMORPG at the end of the day, even if we are in a custom server.
If you dont like grinding/farming and you want to directly buy everything, wire 1.000$ to Balls and you're good to go.


+++ on this post


Are you an idiot?
This time read this sentence which I posted 2 times already. But for the moron who can't read.

I DON'T HAVE TO FARM YOU IDIOT. I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED.

Now read this sentence.

EXEDUS STATED IN THIS TOPIC HE CAN'T FIND AN ELEGIA SET FOR A WHOLE MONTH.

He is not alone in this. There are many more players from Tao who say the exact same.
I'm not stubborn.

I gave you an idea. you don't like my idea that's fine.
Give me your idea how to improve the server problem with gearing up.

And don't say there ain't a problem cause then you truly are a moron.


Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:36 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:32 pm
Posts: 380
Post Re: WTB Elegia Heavy Set+20 w/ shield
In thinking about it, another interesting idea would be Shadow weapons. Because let's be honest, +20 has hardly a difference from a +15, so why not give a one-hour weapon that comes with an element of the player's choice on it, and a +15 armor set with ONLY ONE element of the player's choice on it? That'd give them something temporary to farm with and to compete with, and it'd be flooding the market with near-maximum gear that at its worst is missing a bit of stats and can't be augmented. That would flood the market with fake weapons and make it so someone that wants a +20 dagger could easily settle for a +15 dagger that they can repeatedly utilize to farm while they make more adena to create their own +20. It'd be akin to the whole ivory business. Flooding the market with fake ivory so real ivory loses its worth and would therefore make it not worth hunting elephants.


Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:03 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:55 pm
Posts: 33
Post Re: WTB Elegia Heavy Set+20 w/ shield
[quote="Thor]
I DON'T HAVE TO FARM YOU IDIOT. I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED.

Now read this sentence.

EXEDUS STATED IN THIS TOPIC HE CAN'T FIND AN ELEGIA SET FOR A WHOLE MONTH. [quote]

and again, you are an idiot for bringing this up. Exedus can't buy the set because he is looking for the set for around 700b, which is an old price for the item. I see people getting +20 sets and max skills all the time? what are they? donators? not that I have problem with donators. I've had no problem getting sets and max skill at this market without donations, what does that tell you?

If people are selling at 150b, 200b, per weapon, it means that you can enchant and sell at those price as well. You won't understand because you want everything handed to you.

Did I say there was no problem with this server? Old people are not logging because they are bored of doing same thing over and over again, not because the items are too expensive. If there is no old player population, newbies will leave.

I have mentioned that we need new ways to farm, not admins giving away items so we can get maxed in 2 days.

We have bigger things we need in this server and you keep fucking complaining about this nonsense. Again, I guess you're the smartest person in the world, so you won't understand.


Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:31 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.