View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:10 am



Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Nerf all defences 
Author Message

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:15 am
Posts: 101
Post Re: Nerf all defences
Omoplata wrote:
Balls wrote:
I would consider unity items, ambition system, and dragon weapons update big updates that make big improvements to the server and give people a lot more to do, and not only that, helps new players as well.

There will be more updates, but i have no time frame

But we are obviously on much different pages then eachother


I understand you have put in a lot of work in unity, ambition and dragon items, but you have to understand that this is not what most of "your" players wanted or needed. And I really think we should focus on players we have now, instead of worrying about new players too much. I know you don't like to hear this, but I noticed that I don't see much of the old players anymore. But I understand you are too busy with your business now. Nothing we can do about this but wait.

This is just my opinion, but I really think we should change the siege rules where other clans cannot come into the battle zone. We should just let them do anything they want, but let the main clan keep one castle each. If a big clan wants their enemy to lose their castle, they can work with other small clans take their enemies castle so small clans can get some action as well (instead of using alt clan to take it). I think this will make clans to work more together with each other and everyone will get some kind of action in siege. Even a big clan will ask for help from a small clan when they get zerged.

I would like to hear other player's opinion on this as well.


Well this post isnt based on the topic.

About your point with the big clans may help small clans at siege. It is possible by making an alliance.


Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:34 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:32 pm
Posts: 362
Post Re: Nerf all defences
Omoplata wrote:
but I noticed that I don't see much of the old players anymore.


As an old player, my reason for not coming back to play is something Balls can't fix. This server has always had an ebb and flow where there are a few medium-sized clans, they get into fights, clans get bigger, alliances get formed, war breaks out, the winner wins, the loser loses, then everyone goes back to having their starting allegiances. If a clan tried to assimilate everyone and their mother into their clan (Lusitanos, anyone?), the smaller clans would band together, fight until that mega clan/alliance gives up, then we all shake hands, separate alliances, and go back to fighting each other in clan v clan v clan v clan v clan v clan. Each clan had just enough people to attempt every raid boss except Freya (we worked together for that one), and if we saw someone killing a raid boss we wanted, we started fighting for it.

What I've seen in the times I've poked my head in is a group of people that have acquired some of the bigger players on the server fighting the other players on the server. Every raid boss I went to was contested by, like...3 people at most. Every .gotopvp I saw was this alliance stomping out single digits of people with a full party or more. Then I see this same big clan/alliance complain there is no competition, and a very constant repeat answer of "there is no competition because they ate the competition up" or "they chase away potential players that could stand against them", and I actually DO see that happening. The clan that wants more to do on the server is stunting their own fun by staying the big powerhouse.

When I was playing, Balls was not pushing new content for existing players, he was busy working on the system to make sure new players didn't feel left out. He was working on Oath items, he was working on the recruiting clan stuff, he was working on small things here and there, and yet I was still having fun. My friends were still having fun. The server was incredibly alive, active, and most of all: having FUN. Why? Because we made our own fun. If we felt too powerful of an alliance and war was over, we split the fuck up and made our own fun and didn't bitch about it like I've seen on EQ for the last few MONTHS. Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to shit talk the other person when you win or lose a fight. You CAN fight with friends without having to resort to insults. If your reasoning of not wanting to split up alliances is "why should we split up and kill our friends because other people can't step up?" then you're part of the problem.


Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:27 am
Posts: 372
Location: Trololo City
Post Re: Nerf all defences
dublj wrote:
Omoplata wrote:
but I noticed that I don't see much of the old players anymore.


As an old player, my reason for not coming back to play is something Balls can't fix. This server has always had an ebb and flow where there are a few medium-sized clans, they get into fights, clans get bigger, alliances get formed, war breaks out, the winner wins, the loser loses, then everyone goes back to having their starting allegiances. If a clan tried to assimilate everyone and their mother into their clan (Lusitanos, anyone?), the smaller clans would band together, fight until that mega clan/alliance gives up, then we all shake hands, separate alliances, and go back to fighting each other in clan v clan v clan v clan v clan v clan. Each clan had just enough people to attempt every raid boss except Freya (we worked together for that one), and if we saw someone killing a raid boss we wanted, we started fighting for it.

What I've seen in the times I've poked my head in is a group of people that have acquired some of the bigger players on the server fighting the other players on the server. Every raid boss I went to was contested by, like...3 people at most. Every .gotopvp I saw was this alliance stomping out single digits of people with a full party or more. Then I see this same big clan/alliance complain there is no competition, and a very constant repeat answer of "there is no competition because they ate the competition up" or "they chase away potential players that could stand against them", and I actually DO see that happening. The clan that wants more to do on the server is stunting their own fun by staying the big powerhouse.

When I was playing, Balls was not pushing new content for existing players, he was busy working on the system to make sure new players didn't feel left out. He was working on Oath items, he was working on the recruiting clan stuff, he was working on small things here and there, and yet I was still having fun. My friends were still having fun. The server was incredibly alive, active, and most of all: having FUN. Why? Because we made our own fun. If we felt too powerful of an alliance and war was over, we split the fuck up and made our own fun and didn't bitch about it like I've seen on EQ for the last few MONTHS. Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to shit talk the other person when you win or lose a fight. You CAN fight with friends without having to resort to insults. If your reasoning of not wanting to split up alliances is "why should we split up and kill our friends because other people can't step up?" then you're part of the problem.


Ain't true that you miss the Seraphims? :D

I'm damn struggling to bring my guys back here for 1 whole year... yet again, none answered the call for obvious e reasons, which you guys already stated... Although, 50-60% of Seraphims clan, can and will 100% come back and play here (as a single clan and no ally) if we see some major changes ^^

_________________
Image


Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:28 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:32 pm
Posts: 362
Post Re: Nerf all defences
eXeDusS wrote:
Ain't true that you miss the Seraphims? :D

I'm damn struggling to bring my guys back here for 1 whole year... yet again, none answered the call for obvious e reasons, which you guys already stated... Although, 50-60% of Seraphims clan, can and will 100% come back and play here (as a single clan and no ally) if we see some major changes ^^


I miss OG Discord more :P Haven't played a game with the original crew in years. Only 3 of them still seem to be responding in some capacity lol


Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:05 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:35 am
Posts: 65
Post Re: Nerf all defences
I feel so lazy reading all the post so I will just tell what I think about the main topic. The time I saw this "decrese p.def" all I could think was those Doombringer's time. Where they just pop out from nowhere and just 3 hits you're dead :lol: :lol: :lol: I still remember those days when we were doing rbs and AnimalPK shows up and our healer died even before we realize he was there :lol: :lol: :lol:

About the robe user's toughness, I couldn't agree more. They're kinda tanky.

I don't know if I like this nerf, I just wanna share my thoughts. But I think server is just fine as it is right now. Dunno. Just my perspective :lol: :lol:

Merry Christmas by the way!! :D :D :D


Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:14 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:16 am
Posts: 84
Post Re: Nerf all defences
Francis wrote:
I feel so lazy reading all the post so I will just tell what I think about the main topic. The time I saw this "decrese p.def" all I could think was those Doombringer's time. Where they just pop out from nowhere and just 3 hits you're dead :lol: :lol: :lol: I still remember those days when we were doing rbs and AnimalPK shows up and our healer died even before we realize he was there :lol: :lol: :lol:

About the robe user's toughness, I couldn't agree more. They're kinda tanky.

I don't know if I like this nerf, I just wanna share my thoughts. But I think server is just fine as it is right now. Dunno. Just my perspective :lol: :lol:

Merry Christmas by the way!! :D :D :D


that db was prob -con dyes and a glass cannon so you should be able to drop him just as easy as he kills you're healer. I think just make all enchant max +16 would do miracle to server and all endless pvps here.


Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:42 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:32 pm
Posts: 362
Post Re: Nerf all defences
granaux wrote:
that db was prob -con dyes and a glass cannon so you should be able to drop him just as easy as he kills you're healer. I think just make all enchant max +16 would do miracle to server and all endless pvps here.


He definitely was not a glass cannon lmao. I never could figure out how he did what he did, but that guy massacred me with a reflect build and 3 other people beating on him, melted tanks in UD/Vengeance, and brushed off mages like it was nothing while he beelined for healers.


Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:51 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:42 am
Posts: 55
Post Re: Nerf all defences
Many strong UD's on DB with reasonably short cooldowns alongside DAMN GOOD debuffs (-23% P.def and disarms etc).

You'd be amazed how much damage you can do with F1 and afk on DB xD


Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:39 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.